Thursday 12 April 2012

I had my first cullen appointment today..

Well today I had my first appointment at the Cullen Centre for Eating Disorders, I met the therapist I'm going to be seeing there and he seemed lovely. I went in with an open mind, not quite knowing what to expect, but he spoke about trying DBT and CBT therapies which both sound tough but I said I'm willing to commit to it and put in the hard work it takes to really get better, and so he is going to start seeing me in 3 to 4 months when I'm closer to being 18 (which is in August).

I'm not entirely sure what is going to be happening until then but I'm guessing/hoping that I will see someone at camhs, I need as much support as possible at the moment as my head is really not in the best of places, but after my scare last week I really am determined, scared yes, but also determined. I have a hell of a lot to live for and get better for, I just need to get myself healthier and hopefully my brain will follow suit...






the future is waiting for me....

3 comments:

  1. Big hugs beautiful girl! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge believer in CBT, I'm glad you're going through this process! I'll be along each step of the way. I'm honestly extremely proud of you for going through all this, and I think you're stronger than you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this makes me so happy Hope! We are all so proud of you. You really are wise beyond your years and you're going to be able to make such an impact on others in the years to come. Angie xxx

    ReplyDelete